Waste is often designed into the construction process. This leaves contractors to clean up the mess at the end of a project. Come along and learn how to leverage the power of design to build out waste in the construction sector and stop waste from being produced in the first place.
Engage with key industry stakeholders from architects, material and product suppliers to developers, contractors, regulators and end-of-life management providers.
We will hear about the bad (instances where waste has been designed into the construction process) as well as the good (projects where waste and carbon have been designed out). Learn about effective on-site practices and products and services that enable reuse and waste minimisation.
Following the seminar there will be time for networking, with drinks and nibbles provided.
Learn, be inspired and contribute to the acceleration of a low carbon circular construction sector.
- Anne Pezaro, Senior Policy Analyst, Ministry for the Environment
- Annie Day, Project Manager, Naylor Love
- Nigel Benton, Director, Benton Ltd
- Bradley Guy, Florida-based Architect and Academic
- Charissa Snijders, Architect
- Jon Rennie, Principal, Athfield Architects
- Robin Curtis, Co-Founder, Health Based Building
- Claude Dewerse & Sarah Linberg, Eastern Busway Alliance
- TBC, Fletcher Living
- Lizzi Whaley & Anna Johnson, CircularBuild
- Ben Redwood, Director, Mutu
- Andrew Minturn, Co-Founder and Joint Managing Director, ClevaPod
- Brandon Botting, Director, Bracedon
- Rui Peng, Director, Critical.
Speakers and sessions subject to change.
We will be kicking off promptly at 2:45pm. You are welcome to arrive early if needed.
Made possible with the support of Auckland Council, Unitec Environmental Solutions Research Centre, thinkstep-anz, Master Builders, NZGBC, WasteMINZ & Plastics NZ.