This ‘must do’ Environmental Site Management Course takes just two hours online and highlights the activities that can harm our environment and how to reduce our impacts with some simple changes.
It has been developed in partnership with Auckland Council and is designed to improve environmental practices that are happening on small residential building sites. This predominantly includes education on:
- Poor erosion and sediment control, which results in sediment flowing into waterways.
- Poor on-site waste management, which results in useful material being sent unnecessarily to landfill
- Poor chemical and pollutant control practices, which result in pollutants entering waterways and soil (e.g., oil, paint, concrete)
- Construction and demolition
The course is suitable for all residential builders and sub-contractors undergoing permitted construction activities. It shows you how to work to best practices and how to maximise the re-use of materials: It helps you to develop:
- Good on-site erosion and sediment control practices.
- Good on-site waste management practices and diversion of waste materials from landfill.
- Best waste and sediment control practice.
- Reducing the chance of pollution entering our streams, bush and communities.
At the end of this course, all workers on residential building sites will better understand how to do it right to protect the environment.
DOWNLOAD or VIEW the handy ‘Building Out Waste’ guide to set up your building site correctly from the start.