This is your chance to get ahead of upcoming changes. Learn about the best industry practices for reducing waste and emissions in your operations. Taking action now could also help you save money, win more contracts and be more sustainable.
Engage with key industry stakeholders from architects, material suppliers, developers, contractors, regulators and end-of-life management providers
Don’t miss out
Industry speakers will share their successful approaches from designing out waste and carbon in the first place, to on-site practices, and reusing materials and products.
Learn, be inspired and contribute to the acceleration of a low carbon circular construction sector.
- Introduction: The current situation and opportunities.
- The circular future
- How low carbon and waste reduction strategies interrelate
- What action is Government taking that you need to know about?
- Panel: How are we going to design out waste and carbon in the first place?
- Presentations and panel: How best to use procurement to reduce waste and carbon.
- Case studies: Onsite and offsite best practices to reduce waste and carbon.
- Case studies: Maximising the end of life opportunity.
- Interactive session: Materials innovation
- Managing plastics
- Material passports
- Interactive session: Transitioning to the circular economy. What are the key requirements needed by your organisation to contribute to a low carbon circular construction sector?
Throughout: contribute to the low carbon circular economy activity map – what activity is currently happening across Aotearoa New Zealand to build out waste and carbon within the construction sector.
- Mark Roberts, Senior Waste Planning Advisor, Auckland Council
- Anne Pezaro, Senior Policy Analyst, Ministry for the Environment
- Barbara Nebel, CEO, thinkstep-anz
- Lizzi Whaley, CEO, Spaceworks Interior Architecture
- Hamish Grotrian, Director, Pavilion Group + Architects
- Damiloju Adeyina, Technical Manager, New Zealand Green Building Council
- Rachel Trinder, Manager Waste Minimisation & Site Clearance, Kāinga Ora
- Michael Burgess, Group Carbon & Environmental Performance Manager, Fletcher Building
- Dr Terri-Ann Berry, Director, Environmental Solutions Research Centre, Unitec
- Nigel Benton, Director, Benton Ltd
- Annie Day, Project Manager, Naylor Love
- Anna Halliwell, Auckland Council
- Paul Singleton, National Operations Manager, Precinct Properties
- Scott Fisher, CEO, Offsite NZ
- Ruth Boyes, Junk Run
- Ken Johns, Director, Polymer Processing
- Alex Hawthorne & Dylan Bull, Directors, Levela Deconstruction
- James Griffin, GM Circular Economy, Sustainable Business Network
Speakers and sessions subject to change.