Product stewardship in your business
Take responsibility for the environmental impacts of your products.
Every year New Zealanders send around 2.5 million tonnes of waste to landfill – that’s over a tonne of rubbish per household.
Our throw-away culture is bad for the environment, it’s costing our country millions of dollars every year, contributing to our carbon emissions and it’s depleting our valuable resources.
Product stewardship is the simple solution. It starts by asking the question: “What happens to this product at the end of its life?” Sending it to landfill is not the answer.
This workshop will cover:
- An in-depth introduction in to product stewardship
- The different approaches to product stewardship
- How to implement product stewardship in to your business
You will walk away with
- A step by step guide to refer to when developing your scheme
- An understanding of the pros and cons of different approaches to product stewardship
This workshop will be run by James Griffin, General Manager Projects & Advisory, Sustainable Business Network